I'm dying for more navy in my wardrobe, so I think I'll do a navy, white & pink capsule. Now to work out what patterns and fabrics. I do have 5 yeards of navy linen just purchased from Fabric.com. Now to tie in the pink and white. I know what my accessory will be....pink handbag. I found an alligator embossed soft pink leather. It's not the gorgeous pink of the original handbag, but it'll do. I could use more red also, but since red would clash with my bag...pink it is.
These are the rules posted by Elizabeth (ejvc) who is sponsoring the contest. I'm sending her a big cyber ((((HUG)))) for doing this.
1. The capsule will consist of four garments and one accessory (purse, belt, headband, jewellery, etc). One of the garments must be a top, one must be a bottom, all the tops must co-ordinate with all the bottoms and the accessory must co-ordinate with them all.
2. One of the items can be purchased and one can be made before June.
3. All the other items must be sewn, knitted, crafted etc during June.
4. Twist: no black items. (I personally have more than enough black in my wardrobe and will happily sew a different color.)
5. Everyone who tells me they want to enter the contest and makes at least one item can vote on the winner.
6. At the end of the contest people can send me photos and I'll post them in sets on Flickr. We should have four photos - one showing all the garments (composite or hanging or whatever) and three of the wearer modelling the items. No flat photos of the clothes please.
I will stump up the equivalent of 50USD to be paid into a PayPal account, or in gift certificates to a retailer of your choice, to the winner (caveat - it needs to be a retailer who will take UK credit cards). I'm thinking fabric or pattern purchases, fitting books, more accessories, etc. would be great ways to spend the money, but whatever...
Then Elizabeth explained further:
You can purchase any one of your four items or the accessory, and any one of the four+accessory can be made before June. So if, like me, you are relatively slow, you could take one item you've already made (say for your ill-fated Timmel SWAP, ahem), buy another one, and only have three to make in June. If you make the accessory, you'd need to make 2 garments + accessory in June.
To restate, any of these combos would be valid:
- four items + 1 accessory, all made in June
- three items + 1 accessory, all made in June, +1 item made earlier.
- two items + 1 accessory, all made in June, +1 item made earlier, + 1 item purchased.
- three items, all made in June, +1 item made earlier, + 1 accessory purchased
Let the games begin............................ ;o)